Routine inspection, maintenance, as well as regular wooden deck repair is essential to keep it safe, functional and looking like million dollars. A wooden deck helps you to extend your living space as well as upgrade your outdoor space. New wood deck has a natural beauty, which provides warm, inviting connection with the outdoors, adds to a home’s beauty and opens up a world of outdoor activities. But wood decks are at the mercy of weather gods. They are exposed to harshest weather conditions such as hot sun, heavy rains as well as snow. After few years, without proper care, they become weathered and look uninviting. Annually checking things like wood damage, rot, loose screws, other types of wear and tear is essential. Addressing issues before they become big problems is always advisable. Repairing carried out on time can save you time and money —before they become major renovation projects or turn it into repair nightmares. However, even in situations where decking needs fixing or deck repair needs to be carried out, don’t be disheartened. Repairs usually involve replacing few fasteners, changing few pieces of decking, cleaning it to remove dirt and sealing or staining. Deck contractors near me can advise on all deck repair issues. Moreover, you can ask deck building contractors about materials which will not rot or decay when used for decking. If you follow the steps mentioned below be assured that your repair won’t turn into a nightmare. Inspection
Why Choose A1 Patio & Deck Builder?
Request A Free Quote Today!
- Check loose or popped up nails.
- Check decking boards for evidence of rot.
- Check dirt particles, leaves, debris clogged between boards.
- Examine hidden fasteners for any damage.
- Check splinters or cracking.
- Examine different sections of decking to ensure that wood is still sturdy. Inspect ledger boards, joists under wooden structure, decking boards, support beams, railings, stairs.
- Examine if there are any small holes in wood, which indicates insect damage, particularly termites that damage wood.
- Note down things that need replacing. Before beginning repairs it will be sensible to take advice from deck contractors near me and deck building contractors on materials that can be best used as replacements for old parts. Ask them about material which will not rot or decay even in harshest weather conditions. You can ask about durable, long lasting screws, claws, clips or even wooden material.